Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Life Club

It's not a country club - no interviews, no recommendation letters, no initiation fees, and no minimums.  It's the milestones of life that gets you into the various levels in the club. 

I reflected with friends over dinner how their discussions about their kids (several years ahead of mine) went right over my head -  drivers permits, first crash, leaving for college ......  the list goes on and on.  Now my peers are beginning to have kids get married, first grandchildren etc.  

Each of these events (and others) are a punch in your life ticket and entry into another circle of people in the Life Club.  You now understand what they were talking about - you relate  --  "Been there, Done that".

In 2009, I entered (partially) into the  "kids go to college" section of the Life Club.  My "empty nester" ticket won't get punched until 2017.  I feel lucky about that and thank Susan for her strategic planning 10 years ago.

The Life Club has no waiting list - you can prepare for any level today.




No comments:

Post a Comment