Thursday, March 18, 2010

SelfHelp Junkie

I confess - I am a self-help junkie. I read all kinds of these books, listen to speakers and spend time thinking about my life.  I wonder if that is a form of being self----ish or my way of growing spiritually?  In my Vistage presentation, I used the term PLAN - Persistently Looking  At Navels.  Is this what I am doing as I continue to map and monitor my financial, legacy, physical and spiritual activity?

All this relates to whether you can create a catalyst to change yourself.  I have said it takes a "life event" (normally outside your control) to really change you in any material way.   Habits and the normal routine are difficult to break away from.  Self control is the word and answer to peace.

So maybe I'm a Self Control Junkie - a constant challenge.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment