Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Attitude

When I took flight lessons, the method of teaching was the "attitude" method of flying where the air speed indicator was covered during takeoff and landing.  The attitude method uses outside reference vs instrument reference as the primary source of altitude information.  My uncle who retired as a Major in the Air Force and flew many military and combat missions thought that method was crazy - use the data and technology available.

I personally liked the concept and use similar techniques in my Bridge bidding.  Instead of using precision in high card count and length of suit -  I like the "attitude method of bidding".  Of course this frustrates both my partner and opponents and for most is termed - "bad partner bridge".

O well -  I guess they should check their own attitudes.




No comments:

Post a Comment