Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Out of Bed

Yes tonight everyone loses an hour (except those few locations that are on God's time --- Arizona).  And since 2007 it is now the second Sunday in March (vs  1st Sunday in April).  So Sunday at 2am we spring forward to 3am losing an hour - a 23 hr day.  I thought Benjamin Franklin thought up DST (Daylight Savings Time) but in reviewing Wikpedia discovered he did not.

How many clocks will require changing at your house? - and don't forget the car. Thank goodness the computers and phones are automatic.

I always get confused are we going on DST or coming off DST? Springing forward means we are starting DST which means 2/3 of the year we are on DST.  Since that is the majority of the year why not call that regular time and name November to March as Daylight Spending Time (that seems to match the retailers flow of cash).

I know my body takes a while to adjust to the loss of an hour - especially my sleep and internal brain alarm clock.  It will take much more effort to spring out of bed in the morning.

PS - I wonder how night shift works.  So you get paid for 8 hours?



No comments:

Post a Comment