Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Job Happy

my daily devotional, I happened upon a CS Lewis quote - "When we want to be something other than the thing GOD wants us to be, we must be wanting what in fact will not make us happy". I have spent the last three months studying happiness. Aren't you always suspicious (or is it envious) of the person who cheerfully states how happy they are with their job? --- Especially in those moments of lows in your own work day and job routine.

Jenna is in that time during college - wondering what career choice to make. What should I do? What should I be? How will I provide for myself? All the questions of "the world".

Maybe the problem is mis-identified. It's not about finding a job. [To some the word job has bad connotation.] Change the word job to life. What life do I want? What is my dream? Take out the word "I", "me", "my" .

What is GOD's dream for you?

"When it comes time to die -- make sure all you have to do is die" Jim Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment