Monday, February 21, 2011

How do I look?

It is a waste of time spending too much time in front of a mirror. First of all, without a mirror you would have no clue what you look like (aside from other reflection devices). Second, my appearance is what other people have to deal with (as I with theirs) so consequently spending too much time in angst about one's appearance is only a self inflicted wound. I look long enough just to be sure there is nothing that I can't control/adjust to avoid embarrassment (you get the picture - XYZ "is your zipper up?).

So when I went to Best Buy to acquire the Logitech HD Webcam C510 camera for $39.99 - what purpose would it really serve? Why do I care if other people see me in HD (well actually it is only 720p) while Skyping? It follows my argument about a mirror.

Now if the purpose is to be able to record in HD other scenes to publish in a blog or Utube - that would be a different story. But would I really be doing that? NOT.

Needless to say, I will be returning the Webcam.

No comments:

Post a Comment