Sunday, February 20, 2011

Three Blog Day

A three blog day!!! - or a three dog night :) - Mama told me not to ..... :)

I couldn't resist researching Randy Newman's 2002 Oscar/Academy Award Acceptance speech for the song "If I didn't Have You" from the movie Monsters Inc. after being previously nominated in 10 different years - 16 times (and yes he has since been nominated 3 more times and is awaiting a decision again in 2011):

"Thank you. I don't want your pity. I want to thank first -- all of the music branch for giving me so many chances to be humiliated over the years. I have nothing [no speech]. I'm absolutely astounded I have won FOR THIS (my emphasis) though the picture deserves recognition. Walking out here and having someone this beautiful [presenter Jennifer Lopez ] give me an award, I'll never get to heaven but that's as close as you get I think. Thanks very much, I'm thrilled."

I guess he wouldn't have nothing ........ if he didn't have you.

No comments:

Post a Comment