Sunday, February 13, 2011

When I Grow Up

G.M (one of my Accenture Partners) would always describe his career path as: "I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up". Interestingly, my career path was similar. I always enjoyed being the Renaissance consultant - hopping from industry to industry using technology as the common thread for my expertise. It was in the '90's we had to pick an industry to specialize in.

Jenna has almost completed her first quarter at U.C. (transferring there hoping to get accepted into the Nursing program). Her first year at Miami was filled with uncertainty on what career path to select. She has come clarity now but more refined decisions will be required down the road.

I network with many individuals during their career changes and find each path very interesting - a story of purpose - a story of "growing up". It is so interesting when you meet someone to hear their path in career development and goal setting in moving to the next position.

And in the end we are all like G.M. wondering what we will be when we grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment