Thursday, September 10, 2009

Awards and Desktop Momentos

Where are all  those desktop momentos?  Boxed carefully in my attic above the garage - dozens and dozens that have not seen the light of day for 8 years.  I think that is what the office is really for - storage and presentation of the  desktop memories.  Some are paid clutter, others are awards, others presents (family, friends, suppliers, clients etc.) but I have now accumulated 8 more years of this stuff.

Why is this on my mind?  Today's Vistage Award - "In recognition of Garen Wisner Honoring your committment to growth.  Member since 2004".  A beautiful crystal glass etched item with Vistage World Medallian.  Awarded  today at our monthly Vistage meeting, seven of the founding members of our 1107 Trusted Advisor group were given these awards. 

So it sits proudly on my roll top desk among the Miami momentos, Interact for Change and my Stock Orb. 

Where will it go next? - well on any office move or clean-up it also will find its way to a box in the attic to join the other office historical momentos.  The memory lives on in my head - but its physical properties reside in my attic.




No comments:

Post a Comment