Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Day of Fall

Officially Fall starts at 5:00pm. Unofficially it starts on the NFL opening day or maybe the Network Season Premieres. So what are we Falling from?  I guess the summer heat, the green leaves on trees and out of bed from sleeping too because the cool weather and changes in darkness.

Fall is also called Autumn -  I think I'll start using that word - "Autumn is my favorite time of year".  The key "holiday" in autumn is Halloween.  I still remember that Accenture event I was at in 1986 in St Charles, Ill at the senior manager school.  A psychologist was speaking to our group about life balance.  He started the speech out asking the audience what are the two most exciting Holidays for kids.  Naturally the answers were Christmas - first; and then ......... Halloween.  And what day was it - October 31, 1986 and where were we - not at home enjoying the moment with our kids.
What a way to let the audience know that we were "out of balance".

What will you be doing this Halloween?   Time to think about your balance.



No comments:

Post a Comment