Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Connected World

We're all connected.  Today emails from Accenture alumni (John Craig and Peggy Zink) connected again in various ways.  John's daughter is working for Imago - and SVP Cincinnati investee.  Peggy is now working for Cincinnati Works - connected through Dave Phillips and Kim Crawford (the old CFO).  And my attempt to connect Dean Truitt (now back in Ohio) with John and my Dayton old client buddy David Ray.  Then in a call to Glenn Bitzenhofer about his daughter looking for a non-profit to work at - I mentioned Peggy and he said - I know Peggy she goes to the same church as I do --  such a connected world when you are attached to good people.

I'm really interested in how Facebook, Linkedin, Plaxo, Twitter and all the other Social Networking will make a difference in connecting us all.  Even blogging can be a way of tuning in and out of individual's lives.Although I am cautious about informing anyone about my personal blog.

There is something comforting about making connections.  Each time this coincidence occurs it make you feel good.  It's like when you are at a party or meeting someone new for the first time.  As you are chit chatting you compare life experiences - places you lived, children, occupation, who we know, where we went to school etc. etc. Why - because we are all looking for commonality - something in common that connects us personally with each other and allows the conversation to move smoothly from acquaintance to friendship to deeper relationship.

I am always intrigued with the "six degrees of connectedness" principle.  We are here to help and to be helped - interdependency.  A connected world gives us that good feeling both ways.



No comments:

Post a Comment