Sunday, September 6, 2009

Colossians 3:12-15

Is it all just coincidence????  Many would say yes - you decide.   In my Friday morning Bible Study we are reviewing the book - "One Month to Live" by Shook.  This book I just happened to see in the books on CD when I was making my annual trek to Wilmington NC to see Rich McCord.  I like listening to it so I checked it out and read it and used it daily for my own daily spiritual time (back in February).  I suggested it to my Friday morning Bible study and on Friday we were covering the second week - Love Compassionately and specifically the chapter on Forgiveness.  We spent some time on Colossians 3:13.  So here is the coincidence.  Last Thursday I was looking for a movie for Ellen and I to watch together - hoping to put in practice one of the suggestions of the book - spend more time today with the loved ones you would want to spend time with if you knew you had one month to live.  So I pick out this PG movie called "The Secret Cave".  I was too busy to watch it last week, but since Jenna was home this weekend I suggested we all three go down to the movies room and watch it.  Jenna had homework to do so it was just Ellen and I watching.  The movie had some deep messages but was a mystery that would keep children interested.

Lo and behold right in the middle of the movie the pastor in the movie recites Colossians 3:13.  One of the deep messages hidden inside.

Colossians 3:12-15  KJV
12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; 13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, and also do ye. 14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Philips Modern English
As, therefore, God's representatives, purified, and beloved, put on that nature which is merciful in action, kindly in heart, and humble in mind.  Accept life, and be most patient and tolerant with one another, always ready to forgive if you have a difference with anyone.  Forgive as freely as the Lord has forgiven you.  And, above everything else, be truly loving, for love binds all the virtues together in perfection.



No comments:

Post a Comment