Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Books and Movies

How many books and movies do you spend time on in a average year?  I think the answer will amaze you.  But we never really get the statistics.  Well I've been recording books and movies on Linkedin and Facebook respectively so maybe by end of the year I will have my stats (you know me it's always about the numbers).  I remember Bill Gates book "The Road Ahead" said that one day we will have a microprocessor on us that records everything we say, see and do -  but who will summarize the statistics?  And just like my frustration with every finding anything that I filed physically - how do I find it?  Search engines and digitizing everything was supposed to solve that -   Not really,  once it is in my computer hard drive, I can forget it just as easily.

I tried those super search engines only to discover they just bogged down my performance until I gave up and deleted them.  My desire to record my books and movies was to easily find the answer to ....   that reminds me of a good book that I once read ......  now what was the name of that book;  who was the author?

Already I have 53 books on Linkedin -  and no search criteria or ability to see a list (there are 6 pages to scroll through).  And what about the books not recommended?  Do I enter those also?

So maybe the desire to inventory everything is futile.  The wonder of the brain is that it remembers only that stuff it deems important and you have little control over the items.  So often I say -  I'm putting this here so that I will remember it - HA HA.  and good luck.

Wasn't there a movie  or book about that?    I just don't remember.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment